Last modified: April 28, 2021
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and Site users.
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Site https://natureanalytics.ca/(our “Site”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- Through applications made available to you
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party Sites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
Information We Collect About You
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, billing and account information, and any other identifier we may use to contact you (”personal information”).
- We provide an opportunity for any user to opt-out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by accessing our Site and contacting us through the contact form (https://natureanalytics.ca/contact/)
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Site interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How We Collect Information About You
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Site and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
You can opt-out of several third party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada and an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. You can also access these Sites to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop Sites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For more information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How we Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our Site, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Nature Analytics’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Nature Analytics about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- We do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 400 women between 30 and 45 have clicked on their advertisement on a specific day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers target a specific audience (for example, men in a specific location). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to display our advertisers’ advertisement to that target audience.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Site improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- To enforce or apply our terms https://natureanalytics.ca/terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Natural Analytics, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Transferring Your Personal Information
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Site improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation. By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Site, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
You are welcome to contact us to obtain further information about Company policies regarding service providers outside of Canada. See Contact Information and Challenging Compliance.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by accessing our Site and contacting us through the contact form (https://natureanalytics.ca/contact/).
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by accessing our Site and contacting us through the contact form (https://natureanalytics.ca/contact/)
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of several third party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada and an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. You can also access these Sites to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop Sites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also by accessing our Site and contacting us through the contact form (https://natureanalytics.ca/contact/) to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Officer.
Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us by accessing our Site and contacting us through the contact form (https://natureanalytics.ca/contact/).. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Contract Information and Challenging Compliance
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact us using the contact information listed above.